I hope you never lose your sense of wonder. You get your fill to eat, But always keep that hunger. May you never take one single breath for granted. God forbid love ever leave you empty handed. I hope you still feel small when you stand by the ocean. Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens. Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.... I hope you dance.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A new school year


Dang it! Summer is officially over. Our summer has been filled with awesome adventures and trips. You can visit our family blog http://blessingsfromlife.blogspot.com/ catch up on all our summer adventures.

There are major changes in our school lives. This year Emily is now a middle schooler! Wow! She has decided to attend the Homeschool Resource Center and re-join the rank of home schooler. Sarah Elizabeth had the option to graduate this year but has decided to go an extra year and take advantage of free college classes that are offered. Smart choice I feel. Joseph changed c lasses, He is now in the intermediate class grade 4-6. His teacher from last year, Mrs, Seiber's will be there three days a week and a new teacher two days. Heather will start MU Grad School in January. My babies are growing so fast!

This year I will be at the Resource Center everyday. This differs from the past. The girls have very different schedules and I cannot afford the gas to drive back and forth! I joined the Seattle Homeschooling Group. We will be trying to do a lot more hands on and be in the field more. Now that Joseph's health is more stable I feel more comfortable to be able to go on more field trips. Jeff is working 8pm-5am so that means he will be close if needed and can pick him up after school. Thus giving us more freedom. :0)
So in honor of first days of school every where, I hope you share the enthusiasm as Nemo!

We are headed to Salmon Fish Hatchery for our next field trip. Wonder if I can bring a salmon home? :0)

No comments: