I hope you never lose your sense of wonder. You get your fill to eat, But always keep that hunger. May you never take one single breath for granted. God forbid love ever leave you empty handed. I hope you still feel small when you stand by the ocean. Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens. Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.... I hope you dance.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Homeschool lost

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

A friend recently shared this quote and it so hits home with us, especially now.

Since we returned home from Seattle, homeschooling has taken a major backseat, so I apologize for not updating any sooner. When we found out that Joseph's spinal surgery was scheduled for July 15Th we went into a whirlwind.

We were going to drive cross country. I spent hours on preparing lesson plans that would be appropriate to our travels. Then I had to have surgery on my leg. The surgeon said that my leg would not be healed well enough to drive (and the transmission dropped out of our van). So, now we are flying!

The girls are going to attend Hutch School in Seattle. Kids that live at the Ronald McDonald House attend school there. It will be a fun transition from home school to a more traditional schooling approach. During the summer they offer summer day camp which the girls are really looking forward to participating in. I am in hopes that Joseph will be able to be a part of this program as well.

When I was sick last fall and winter we were not able to accomplish as much as I had planned. The girls were going to work three days a week through the summer to get caught up. That was before we knew Joseph was going to have all these surgeries. So I am not going to stress about it.
I am going focus on Joseph and allow the Hutch School to help us get back up to speed. Fingers are crossed this will work! Otherwise we will need to double up next fall. Thank goodness homeschooling is flexible to roll with the punches. Lately I feel we have had more than our fair share of punches!

Please drop by www.caringbridge.org/visit/josephsprouse for better updates.

No comments: